Thursday, March 6, 2014

Words of Knopespiration!

This is the way I try to approach my job.  When people walk into our offices they need help and comfort.  They need things to be set right.  They aren't always in the best of moods, and why would they be?  They are going through something difficult, or they wouldn't be there.  They don't want to be there.  I get that.  They care very much about their particular set of circumstances, which in their eyes are the most important in the world.  Also very understandable.   Yet, despite the high stakes, burgeoning caseloads and my own physical and temporal limitations, I rarely find myself cranky.  They are allowing me to help, to make their circumstances better.  They have invited me into their lives.  I cherish the trust placed on me and the smiles that are won when I finish an interview or issue a supplement.  I am a very lucky, lucky girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment